Whether returning to school after the long five month-break, or starting school for the first time, it can be daunting for little ones, and parents too, especially if you have a fussy eater.
Make lunchtime fun for them by preparing creative lunchboxes that will bring a smile to their face and remind them of home during their school day. Also you don’t have to be Gordon Ramsay to prepare something cool for your child; sometimes the old classics with a simple twist are the best.
- Fun sandwiches – use cookie cutters to make interesting shaped sarnies, think hearts, circles, stars or dinosaurs or add a couple of raisins to make a funny face.
- Cheese & Ham Wrap Ups – use a tortilla wrap, spread with cheese and layer with ham, roll up and slice into mini pin wheels so something different.
- Choose a bento box style lunchbox with different compartments and fill each with something fun, the possibilities are endless, hummus, tzatziki, or salsa with carrot sticks, cucumber, slices of pepper or radishes for example.
- Pastry wrapped loveliness, make a batch of sausage rolls or cheese and spinach rolls to make for a hearty, filling lunch box filler for the week.
- Jam Jar salads are fun for older children – use your creativity and play with their favourite flavours.
- Bake a quiche and send a slice with some chopped salad items or bake individual mini quiches.
- Send a bit of you in their lunchbox. Whether it’s a little hand-written note, a picture drawn on a banana or even a little photograph of you and your little one in their lunchbox, a little reminder of home at lunch will make them smile and look forward to home time a little more.